What is myshopify? And is myshopify legit? If you’re asking these questions, you’re not alone. Many people are wondering about myshopify and whether or not it’s a scam. In this blog post, we will answer these questions and give you our honest opinion about myshopify. Stay tuned for more information!
What is myshopify?
Shopify is a powerful Canadian eCommerce platform that enables entrepreneurs to start their online stores, and “myshopify.com” is a domain owned by Shopify to provide customers with subdomains for their stores.
Let’s look at one example to be clear to you.
Suppose Tasmia own a Boutique shop. Now she wants to expand her business online to reach customers worldwide. After researching, she found that “Shopify” is the best to launch her online store.
She signs up for a Shopify account and fill-up the form with all her essential information. Next, she moved on to create a store page and write “Tasmiaboutique” as her store name and provide some other information. After pressing the button “Create my store,” her online store web address will be “Tasmiaboutique.myshopify.com“
If Tasmia wants, she can go for a custom domain name like “Tasmiaboutique.com.” But for that, she needs to head on to a domain name provider like- Bluehost, GoDaddy, etc. She will search for her custom domain name, and if it’s available, she can get it. But For a custom domain name, she has to pay yearly fees, most likely $12-$15. She will be the owner of the domain “Tasmiaboutique.com.”
Is myshopify legit, and will it protect my information?
Yes, myshopify is a legitimate website, and it is safe to use. Your information is protected when you use myshopify.com because Shopify is a PCI DSS compliant company. That means they follow all the necessary security measures to protect your information.
myshopify itself is not a scammer, but there may be some store owners with myshopify domain names that can scam you. So, when you’re buying something from myshopify, check their previous customer reviews to make sure it is a legit business.
Scammers discover recently established stores on the Shopify platform with a similar domain name and establish one of their own, claiming to offer the same original product.
That is, without a doubt, terrible for honest store owners who are using a MyShopify-domain to endure the consequences of having less trustworthy just for the scammer damaging the reputation of other myshopify-stores. Different myshopify stores trying to scam people is one of the main reasons some people think myshopify is not legit.
But we hope this article helped clear things up for you and showed you that myshopify is a legitimate website that is safe to use.
Tips to figure out scam myshopify store.
- Check the storefront. Fake storefront is often poorly designed and have low-quality images.
- Look for customer reviews. If there are no customer reviews, that is a red flag.
- Check their all information like contact number, returning address, etc. If the store doesn’t have any contact information, that is another red flag.
- Check their social media presence. A Legit website must have an active social media presence. If they have no social media accounts or if their social media accounts are new, then it is probably a scam.
Pros and cons of using myshopify.com domain name
Now you know what myshopify is, and is myshopify.com legit. Let’s look into the pros and cons of using a myshopify.com domain name.
Pros of myshopify:
- You don’t have to pay extra fees for the domain name.
- If your subdomain expires, a store owner can access with myshopify subdomain address, according to myshopify.com.
- Shopify is a PCI DSS compliant level one company.
- Myshopify subdomain will never expire as long as you have an active Shopify account.
Cons of myshopify:
- The most significant disadvantage is that it does not look professional to use a myshopify domain name for your Shopify store. It sounds like a free platform which is not the case.
- It is hard to build trust and credibility with customers when using a myshopify store domain name.
What is the difference between Shopify and myshopify?
- The main difference is that Shopify is a platform for creating online stores, while myshopify is a domain name provider.
- Shopify is a paid platform with different pricing plans depending on your needs. myshopify is a free domain name provider included with your Shopify account.
- Shopify provides everything to create and run an online store. This consists of a customizable website, shopping cart, payment processing, shipping, and customer management tools.
- When you create a Shopify account, you will be given a myshopify subdomain (e.g., yourstore.myshopify.com).
FAQs About myshopify
Q: Is myshopify a legit company?
Answer: Yes, myshopify is the subdomain of Shopify; it is a legit company. I have been using their platform for years to sell my products online, and I have never had any issues.
The customer service is excellent, the transaction fees are very fair, and the overall experience has been great. Highly recommend!
Q: What if I get scammed on Shopify?
Answer: Shopify is a very safe and secure platform. I have never had any issues with fraud or scams.
However, immediately contact your debit or credit card company and dispute the transaction if you notice anything suspicious. If the firm is acting strangely, you may request a chargeback on your credit card.
Q: What is a myshopify URL?
Answer: myshopify URL is the store address that an online store holder gets after purchasing an online shop from Shopify. “Myshopify” is Shopify’s subdomain.
myshopify URLs take the form of [storename].myshopify.com and store owners can customize their URLs to make them more memorable or brand-friendly by using a custom domain.
For example, if your store’s name is “Example Store” and you use the myshopify platform, your store’s URL would be
examplestore.myshopify.com by default.
However, you can use a custom domain (such as, for example, Store.com) to make it more brand-friendly and more accessible for customers to remember.
Q: Is Shopify the same as myshopify?
Answer: Have you ever wondered if Shopify and myshopify are similar? The answer is both yes and no. Here’s a quick explanation.
Shopify is a platform that lets you create an online store. It provides all the tools and features you need to build and run your business, including a customizable website, shopping cart, payment processing, etc.
myshopify is the domain extension that Shopify uses for its websites. So technically, myshopify is a part of Shopify.
However, you don’t need to use the myshopify domain to have a Shopify store. You can choose any domain name you want, as long as it’s available.
So if you’re wondering whether Shopify and myshopify are the same things, the answer is both yes and no.
Q: Is it possible for a myshopify.com business to obtain my credit card number?
Answer: myshopify is a subdomain of Shopify, and is, therefore, a completely separate entity. myshopify does not have access to any credit card numbers used on Shopify stores, as all payments are processed through Shopify’s secure platform.
But they can get your billing address and the last four digits of your credit card number.
If you’re concerned about your credit card information being shared with myshopify, you can always contact Shopify’s customer support team for more details.
Shopify is an excellent platform for entrepreneurs and new users who are just starting and are on a budget. However, we recommend that you invest in a custom domain name once your business starts to grow. This will give your business a professional look it deserves and help you build trust and credibility with your customers.
This article hopefully helped you learn more about myshopify and is myshopify legit or not. If you have any questions, please leave a comment below, and we’ll be happy to answer them! Thanks for reading!
If you’re interested in Shopify, read Shopify Dropshipping Business Guide: The Ultimate Solution 2022